According to a survey, many students in Germany are not doing a tax declaration. It might be because of ignorance or without knowing the procedure.
This post focuses mainly on the tax return procedure for the students. The process is quite simple and it takes hardly 10 to 15 minutes to finish it. You can do the tax declaration if you have paid during your works like an internship, work student, or any other works.
The example which I have shown is from 2016 and that is why it is in paper format. It is now possible to do online.
There are several websites or software available. Elster is free software that is unfortunately not in the English language.
- You will receive a Lohnsteuerbescheinigung from your employer. Normally you will receive in January.
- Fill the tax return form by mentioning your tax number, identification number, name, date of birth, address, religion, work type, bank details.
- The identification number will be normally in Lohnsteuerbescheinigung.
- If you don’t know the tax identification number, you can ask the tax office, they will help you.
- Online submission
- Submitting directly in tax office
Sample Tax declaration
Kindly make a deep research on this topic if you would like to get more amounts in a return.